Monday, August 29, 2011

A Prayer from Isaiah

I am reading the book of Isaiah right now, and am slogging through all the "Woe to you...'s".  Why don't we choose to live in a way that brings blessing and not curse?  We have the choice!

Isaiah 29:13 says: The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.  Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught."  I am more familiar with the first part of that, but look at the second part - it's what they have been taught

Lord God, teach us parents how to teach our children LOVE through our rules, and not simply teach them the rules.  May we teach them to worship you by teaching them your heart, not by demanding correct behavior.  May they grow up to be people who live in a way that you will reward and bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment